Construction work must be Inspected In accordance with the State Uniform Construction Code Regulations N.J.A.C. 5:23-2.18. This agency will carry out such periodic Inspections during the progress of work as are necessary to Insure that work installed conforms to the approved plans and the requirements of the Uniform Construction Code.
The owner or other responsible person In charge of work must notify this agency when work Is ready for any required inspections specified below. Requests for inspections must be made at least 24 hours prior to the time the inspection Is desired. Inspections will be performed within three business days of the time for which they are requested. The work must not proceed in a manner which will preclude the Inspection until It has been made and approval given.
Required Inspections for all subcodes for one and two family dwellings are the following:
1. The bottom of footing trenches before placement of footings, except that In the case of pile foundations, inspections shall be made in accordance with the requirements of the building subcode;
2. Foundations and all walls up to grade level prior to back filling;
3. All structural framing and connections prior to covering with finish or infill material; plumbing underground services, rough piping, water service, sewer. septic services and storm drains; electrical rough wiring, panels and service Installations: Insulation installations;
4. Installation of all finished materials, seatings of exterior Joints; plumbing piping, trim and fixtures; electrical wiring, devices and fixtures; mechanical systems equipment.
- Required special inspections. The applicant by accepting the permit will be deemed to have consented to these requirements:
- A final inspection is required for each applicable subcode area before a final Certificate of Occupancy or Approval may be
issued. Any violations of the approved plans and/or permit will be noted and the holder of the permit notified of discrepancies.
- A complete copy of approved plans must be kept on the Job site. If you do not understand any of this information, please
ask. u.c.c. Form F-170D