PUBLIC NOTICE – PUBLIC SALE
TAKE NOTICE that the Township of Deptford has determined that Block 357, Lots 20, 21, 22, and 23 (the “Property”), as shown on the Tax Maps of the Township of Deptford, is no longer necessary for a public purpose and that the sale of the Property is authorized pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40A:12-13(a). The sale of the Property shall be by public sale at auction to the highest bidder. The sale shall be conducted by submission of bids to the attention of:
1011 Cooper Street
Deptford, NJ 08096
Your best and highest bid for the Property must be submitted in person or via mail or other delivery service no later than noon on November 17, 2017, at which time offers will be opened in public.
The sale of the Property is subject to the following conditions:
(a) The four (4) separate lots will be auctioned together so all bids must be for purchase of all four (4) lots together.
(b) The highest bidder for the Property will be the purchaser, subject to the provisions below.
(c) Any person bidding on behalf of a corporation or limited liability company must either submit a copy of a Resolution or letter on its business stationary signed by the President or Managing Member of the entity authorizing the bidder to bid on behalf of the entity. A person bidding on behalf of a partnership or using a trade name must submit a letter of authorization from the other majority partners and certifying their ownership interest, and in the event of the use of a trade name, a copy of the filed Certificate of Trade Name.
(d) The Township will only accept bids calling for an all cash purchase. Full payment of the purchase price must be received at the time of closing as set forth in the Contract of Sale. The successful bidder will be required to pay, by either cash or by certified, bank or cashier’s check, a deposit equal to ten (10%) percent of the purchase price within three (3) business days of acceptance of the successful bid and authorization of the Township Manager and Township Clerk to sign the Contract for Sale by Resolution of the Township Council, with the balance to be paid by either cash or certified check at closing. Pending sale, the Contract deposit will be held by the Township in a non-interest bearing escrow account, with the total deposit to be credited to the purchase price.
(e) The sale is being made subject to the following additional terms, conditions, restrictions and limitations:
1) All bidders must satisfy any requirements and meet any terms and conditions of a Contract of Sale. The successful bidder will execute the Contract of Sale upon completion of bidding and payment of the required deposit.
2) No contingencies, such as title, environmental or financial, are permitted.
3) In the event that the successful bidder fails to pay the Township, the bidder shall forfeit all deposit monies made to the Township. No refunds will be made by the Township.
4) The successful bidder shall pay the cost of legal fee and recording fees for the Deed.
5) The sale shall be subject to adjournment or cancellation by the Township Council.
6) The minimum amount bid to acquire the Property shall be $250,000.00
7) The Township reserves the right to accept the highest responsive bid if equal to or greater than the minimum bid price, or to reject all bids at the public sale and not to award to the highest bidder. The Township reserves the right to waive any and all defects and informalities in any proposal, and to accept or reject the highest responsible and responsive bid deemed to be in the best interest of the Township.
8) The Township’s acceptance or rejection of bids shall be made not later than at the second regular Township Council meeting following the auction. No bid shall be considered finally accepted until passage by the Township Council of a Resolution accepting such bid. The closing shall occur not later than thirty (30) days from the date of Contract is signed by the Township Manager and Township Clerk.
9) Any material prepared and distributed in connection with the auction is for convenience purposes only and is intended to give prospective bidders a general understanding of the condition, location and size of each property. The Township is not responsible for errors that may appear in such materials. Each prospective bidder is urged to thoroughly research and examine each property prior to making a bid. Prospective bidders desiring to inspect each property should contact Donald Banks at (856)686-2218.
10) THE TOWNSHIP SELLS EACH PROPERTY IN “AS IS” AND “WHERE IS” CONDITION AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING ANY ASPECT OF EACH PROPERTY.
11) The Township will convey each property by a Quit Claim Deed.
12) BIDDER(S) SHALL INDEMNIFY AND SAVE HARMLESS THE TOWNSHIP AND ANY OF ITS OFFICIALS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, ASSIGNS, DESIGNEES, AGENTS OR CONTRACTORS AND THE AUCTIONEER, AND ANY OF ITS OFFICIALS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, ASSIGNS, DESIGNEES, AGENTS OR CONTRACTORS FOR ANY DISCREPANCIES OF ANY TYPE AND FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY TYPE IN PRINT, ADVERTISING OR ANNOUNCEMENTS AND FOR ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR STIPULATIONS, ORAL OR WRITTEN. THE TOWNSHIP MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE PROPERTY.