INVITATION TO SUBMIT PROPOSAL
Request for Qualifications from Law Firms Interested in Serving as
“Special Hearing Officer” for the Township of Deptford for the
Period of October 15, 2013 through October 15, 2014
The Township of Deptford (“Township”) is soliciting proposals from attorneys licensed to practice in the State of New Jersey, to serve as a Hearing Officer concerning disciplinary matters.
Proposals are being solicited through a fair and open process in accordance with N.J.S.A. 19:44A-20.1, et seq.
The successful firm will provide the Township with the following services relating to, but not necessarily limited to:
- Respondent’s professional qualifications, availability and experience of key personnel working on the project;
- Working knowledge of New Jersey Department of Personnel Civil Service regulations and administrative procedures;
- Experience serving as a hearing officer for various civil disputes including, but not limited to, suspension or termination and/or disciplines of all kinds;
- Preparation of detailed findings of fact and conclusions of law with respect to hearings;
- Fair and impartial decisions with respect to hearings;
- Legal research and/or advisory opinions as needed;
- Attendance at meetings of the Governing Body upon request;
- Any other matters as directed by the Township;
- Extensive civil trial experience.
Each candidate shall submit proof of business registration with the New Jersey Division of Taxation (P.L. 2004, C.57) and must comply with the Affirmative Action requirement contained at N.J.A.C. 17:27 et seq.
Professional Information and Qualifications
Copies of this standardized submission requirements and selection criteria are on file and available from the office of the Township Clerk. Each interested firm shall submit the following information:
- Name of Firm;
- Address of principal place of business and all attorneys or firm’s offices and corresponding telephone and fax numbers. Please note specifically which attorneys will be assigned to work with the Township;
- Areas of Practice;
- Description of firm’s attorneys’ education, experience, qualifications, number of years with the firm and a description of their experience with projects similar to those described above;
- Experience related to representation of public entities with regard to administrative hearings;
- At least four (4) references, three (3) of which must have knowledge of your representation of public entity;
- Proven experience representing public entities on administrative issues;
- The firm’s ability to provide the services in a timely fashion (including staffing, familiarity and location of key staff);
- Cost details, including the hourly rates of each of the individuals who will perform the services and the time estimates for each individual, all expenses, and where appropriate, total cost of “not to exceed” amount;
10. Statement of corporate ownership (c.52:25-24.2).
The selection criteria used in awarding a contract or agreement for professional services as described herein shall include:
- Qualifications of the individuals who will perform the tasks and the amounts of their respective participation;
- Experience and references;
- Ability to perform the task in a timely fashion, including staffing and familiarity with the subject matter;
- Cost competitiveness.
Sealed RFQ’s will be publicly opened by the Township of Deptford in the office of the Township Clerk, Township of Deptford Municipal Building 1011 Cooper Street, Deptford, New Jersey 08096 at 10:00am on Thursday, October 10, 2013. The RFQ must be received NO LATER than the above stated date and time to:
Dina Zawadski, Township Clerk, RMC,CMC
Township of Deptford
1011 Cooper Street
Deptford, New Jersey 08096
Please submit one (1) original and three (3) copies of the RFQ. The title of this Request for Proposal shall be written on the outside of the envelope. For additional information regarding this RFQ, contact Township Clerk (856)686-2203.