11/30/2011 - Holiday Safety Tips
Holiday Safety Tips:
We have developed some reminders for a safe holiday shopping and travel season. When you are out shopping remember these tips:
- Park your car in well lit lots and if alone park close to the store.
- Make sure to put your packages in the trunk.
- Make several trips to the vehicle instead of one huge trip.
- Lock your doors and check your backseat and around the car.
- Have your keys ready to your car and house.
- Keep your outside lights on for your return home.
- Stay alert and always be aware of your surroundings.
- Carry your pocketbook close to your body.
- Do not flash large amounts of cash.
- Don’t leave your GPS or valuables visible when you leave your vehicle.
- If you think you are being followed walk toward people or a store.
- The best defense is removing yourself from a bad situation.
- Make sure to view our Police Chief’s burglary prevention tips on this website.
Have a Safe and Holiday Season!