Mayor Paul Medany’s Monthly Message - February 2019
We are in the middle of our Winter Season. So far we have been spared a major snowstorm. When and if it does snow, you can be assured our crews are ready to go with brine, salt and plowing operations. This year we have had a record amount of rainfall and our crews are out every day cleaning storm drains and road gutters.
Township Council has begun working on introduction and adoption of this year’s budget.
- We received an excellent AA bond rating this year.
- Our audits are spotless and we have one of the healthiest fund balances in the region.
- Debt stabilization and reduction are always in our financial plan.
- Property Taxes, please keep in mind that Mayor and Council control only the local portion of your tax bill. The County, School District and Fire District make up the bulk of your Tax Bill.
- Our capital spending plan has been very successful. You have seen road repaving projects, new playgrounds, and park improvements.
- Our recreation complexes are being updated and maintained. The new roof on the Little League Field will soon be completed and the Recreation Center parking lot will be reconstructed.
- We have the finest equipment and trucks and we have a revolving plan for new police vehicles.
Local government exists to deliver services and provide for the health, safety and welfare of every resident. Our Police Department is the best in community operations, and our Public Works Department just completed an outstanding leaf pickup season, never falling off the schedule. Our Township Departments: Clerk’s Office, Manager’s Office, Finance Office, Municipal Court, Tax Collection Office, Construction Office along with our Code Enforcement, Recreation, EMT and MUA provide the best in customer service. Our library staff is doing a fantastic job and we urge you to visit the Library. We have created new departments, Public Information, Event Coordination, Vacant Property Division and Division of Senior Services.
As you can see we provide many activities and are working hard each and every day to keep Deptford Township, our Community, simply the best. The dedication and enthusiasm of everyone here in Government shows every day. Have a warm and safe February.